The origin or birth of financial management can essentially be traced back to the so-called industrial revolution. With the emergence of this historical fact, companies had the crucial need to have a good team of people. That is to say, with a particular department that manages with specific criteria the financial resources of the company to guarantee its greater profitability.
Wealth management firms are specifically designed to help high net worth clients protect their assets, increase their wealth and reduce their financial risks.
It is a form of financial advice that goes beyond merely researching, selecting investments. Wealth management is like a premium service that combines a suite of financial services to meet wealthy individuals’ needs.
Wealth management is the discipline that deals with the management of a company’s financial resources, paying attention to its profitability and liquidity.
These are the services typically included in wealth management firms:
- Financial planning
- Investment management
- Philanthropic advice
- Legal planning
- Estate planning
- Accounting and tax services
- Retirement planning
Wealth management has a vast scope of action within a company. Thus, it is responsible for the management and making decisions regarding any investment activity carried out by the business organization.
- To look for, obtain, evaluate, decide and comply with all the aspects that involve a source of financing for the company.
- Manage and make decisions regarding the treatment of dividends obtained by the company.
- To carry out the management of the tax burdens of the business organization.
- Achieve the maximization of the company’s benefits or profits by the risks.
- Budgeting and projecting every aspect of the organization’s activities.
- The wealth management firms’ role is to make all investment and financing decisions and decisions on dividend distributions. Therefore, the part that wealth management plays within the company turns out to be fundamental. The durability over time of any business organization depends on it.
The above is highly understandable since money is a crucial resource within any company. Finally, let us bear in mind that finance and wealth management share functions and objectives. And the elements of wealth management belong to the branch of finance.
The objectives of wealth management are as follows:
- To achieve the adequate maintenance of the company’s resources to operate correctly within its sphere of action.
- To continually make efficient use of all the resources obtained.
- To optimally manage the risks and uncertainties faced by the company in each investment.
- Always seek to maximize the company’s profits.
- To achieve good management of the dividends earned by the organization.
As can be seen, wealth management within a company can pursue as many objectives as its functions.
A wealth management firm should help you with all your financial planning needs, including tax ramifications of your income and setting up a donor-advised fund for your charitable contributions.
Financial planners can offer similar services to wealth managers but will often allow you to purchase services “a la carte.”
If you need estate planning assistance, specialized tax help, or investment advice, it may be worthwhile to get professional help now to protect and preserve your assets later.